Exchanging blue and black carts
With the implementation of the curbside recycling program, the City of Lethbridge offered a cart exchange request period that allowed households to choose a different size of garbage and/or recycling cart at no cost between July 12 and August 16th. If a cart exchange request was received from a household, a letter was mailed to those residents informing them of the cart exchange process.
Carts will be exchanged between October 8 and November 8, 2019.
What you need to know for cart exchange:
- Your cart must be empty to be exchanged – please keep it empty for 48 hours after collection. The contractor will be working Tuesday through Saturday to exchange carts.
- Only the cart colour scheduled to be picked up that week will be exchanged. If you requested both a blue and black exchange, they won't happen on the same week.
- Your cart must be accessible to be exchanged – please keep it close to your regular pick up location for 48 hours after collection (ex. on the edge of your property or in the alley)
- Your new cart is associated to your home. You may put your address on the white bar located on the side of the cart.
- Your old cart will be reused or recycled.
- We aim to complete all exchanges within a two-week period, but it may take longer. If your cart is not exchanged by November 8, please call 311.